2019 SchoolPoint Release
At the beginning of 2019 a new version of SchoolPoint was released. This release has been one of our biggest releases yet and is only phase one of our 2019 plans.
SchoolPoint is extending from a Course Selection program to encompass the whole careers decision making and planning process.
This includes the course selection tools as you already know and use and now a career package and SchoolPoint STREAM.
A new cleaner interface for the student portal has been added, this will already be using your school colours and crests.
We have made several changes and improvements over the 2019 year- by listening to feedback via Staff as key users of SchoolPoint. See below for a list of changes you will now see.
- Editable Student Details (by students and caregivers)
- Including personal phone/email and drivers licence information
- Online CV and Cover letter builders (PDF and Word)
- Capture Values, Strengths, Skills and Goals.
- Gateway and Trades enrolment
- Halls of Residence/Referrals system
- More features to come
- Post messages to students dashboard
- Specify targets by Subject, KAMAR Group, Year Level, Staff or full School messages
- Students can Like and Comment on messages (moderated)
- Download the mobile app for alerts and notifications
- Create conversations (chat) with Students and their caregivers - and receive notifications from the app
Pathway - Goals and Tasks:
This area has been extended to encourage Students to more actively set and complete their goals and now Staff and Caregivers can comment around each goal.
More reporting has been added in to export goals, tasks and conversations.
An issue some schools have encountered in the past has been student's logging in at the start of the year to see their new courses.
We have automatically hidden this from their view to stop this. We encourage schools to turn off the TT/Attendance screen in the KAMAR Portal during this time also.
We have now given you the option to change which TT/year students are selecting courses for (In the settings area) and separately you can toggle which year all of your reports are generated for.
This is in the admin now.
Changes to Existing Features:
-Request for "Leaving Destination" can now be turned on or off depending on year level, so you can request student's enter this before enabling them to select courses if you wish.
-Several new reports/exports have been added. You can now see total number of exemptions a student has added along with the course codes in the Exemption Report.
-On the "Learning Area", "View and Manage Courses by Learning Area"
We now show the total number of students who have selected courses that are in that learning area. ”
- We have added a Priority Drop Down feature- If the option is selected in Course Selection settings titled "Allow Students to set their selected courses priority" they can prioritise their non compulsory courses.
-If Staff member accidentally removes a student in error from a course- there is now a button to "undo" the action and also delete notes included in the reason for removing also.
- If a student/caregiver/admin accidentally adds a course twice- a "Delete Duplicate" button will show as a warning. This can then be easily deleted.
How to Update:
SchoolPoint has already been updated. Login to see the new changes.
Handy Tips/ Troubleshooting
The HELP /community for SchoolPoint is a great place to start if you have questions or want to know what else SchoolPoint can do...
There are video guides and more, and it also contains a full list of all changes for each version.
As always, if you have any questions use our support chat or phone us.