SchoolPoint Newsletter December 2019
Here at Inbox Design, we pride ourselves on answering your queries quickly and also continuously implementing feedback-driven development within SchoolPoint.
We listen to what works for you and where possible, make those changes to make your life easier.
Each month we will be sending newsletters out, and updating our SchoolPoint Website to keep you as a key user, abreast of what's new so you are aware of these changes as they are made live.
So what's new/ improved for the month of December?
- Assessment Calendar- You can now filter by course/ code to see all the courses attached to that code in order to save any manual labour previously required in order to complete a report for all courses.
- Extra Curricular Feature- Once enabled, students will see this under “Courses” so will be easy to find for them. Also, a new student limit has been added to each course to avoid overbooking. Some compulsory fields have been removed.
- Halls of Residence for Year 13s- Students can now apply for references to obtain a place in Halls of Residence. They simply select up to 5 teachers to appraise them via a series of check and text boxes, then these get sent to the Guidance/ Career Counsellors in Confidence to then be forwarded on to the Halls of choice.
- SchoolPoint Careers: Student Search function available under Jobs => Job Search => Can add notes to favourite jobs. It also shows the student a list of subjects/courses recommended to be taken in order to pursue this job line as a career.
- SchoolPoint Careers for the Administration side: Under Career Research section, can also view/change career plan questions, can view Halls of Residence applications, and see which students have favourited which jobs/ careers.
NEW features in SchoolBridge- Additions / In Progress
SchoolBridge is a collection of tools that help connect your school’s community. SchoolBridge helps your students, staff, caregivers and leadership team in sharing information and meeting administrative obligations, all based on the KAMAR data you already have.
- As mentioned in our previous newsletter, Online EOTC Requests/Permission Slips- There is now a calendar added to view who has what on and when- simplifies transparency when planning trips/ Staff Absences. This is now LIVE.
- The latest news is that we have now partnered with EONZ (Education Outdoors New Zealand) to bring you the most up to date, Government approved and regulated EOTC and Risk Assessment Forms (Previously called RAMs) and Request forms. EONZ has a library of ready to use and also customisable forms for all your requirements, made simple and accessible online, via SchoolBridge.
Head of Department report builder: This is almost complete! We are so excited for this new function as are many of our existing Schools’ HODs! We are just making some tweaks but watch this space for the Go-LIVE announcement!
Talk with us today about how any of our features mentioned, can help make your life easier without all the paperwork and headaches!
Haven't signed up for SchoolBridge yet? Check out the features on our main website www.inboxdesign.co.nz today!
Look out for our next Newsletter in January 2020, once we have all returned from our Christmas Holiday break.
As always, please feel free to talk with us on the Live Chat, or email [email protected] with any further suggestions/ queries. We value your input.
Just a reminder that our office is closed from 13th December and will re-open 20th of January, however we will be checking support queries intermittently over this period.