Create/Edit/View your Courses
Basic Steps: Setup Labels => Setup Learning Areas => Setup Courses
Learning Areas are used for Course Selection and Student Voice.
A Learning Area will only show for Course selection if there are Courses assigned to it.
- CREATE YOUR COURSE: (Permissions required)
- Once you have set up your Learning Area the next step is to create a course:
- Navigate to “COURSES” on the left hand side nav bar.
- In this section you can manage/view/edit your Courses.
- Click on the “+ New Course” tab in the left sub menu, alternatively click the “Add New Course” button in the main content.
- Complete the fields.
- Click “Save”.
- This will direct you to your “Manage your Course" section.
NOTE: You must add course rules PRIOR to students selecting the courses, to enable these rules to take effect. Examples of rules are compulsory prerequisites, and core courses which students must take.
Helpful Hints: Codes for Courses 3-8 characters long to sync to KAMAR. Keep course names simple and "student speak" to make them more obvious. If you add the courses under multiple Learning Areas, this will increase visibility for students searching the course. Name must be unique & descriptive.
In the “Manage your Courses” section you can also do the following:
- VIEW COURSES BY LEARNING AREA: select the “View Courses By Learning Area” button. Here you can:
- MANAGE YOUR EXISTING LEARNING AREAS / COURSES: in this section you will be able to view/edit the list of all your Courses by Learning Areas.
- SEARCH: click in the field on the top right hand corner, type in your requirement and “Search”
- EDIT LEARNING AREA: to edit your “Learning Area”, click on the “edit [course-name]” button ie “Edit English” button on the right hand side of your “Learning Area” that you would like to edit.
- CREATE A NEW COURSE FOR YOUR LEARNING AREA: to add a new course, click the “New Course” button on the right hand side of your “Learning Area”, complete fields and “Save”
- PREVIEW COURSE: click on the link next to the course / clicking on the drop down arrow by the “Edit Course” button on the right hand side of the course name and select “Preview Course”.
- EDIT COURSE: click on the “Edit Course” button on the right hand side of the Course name alternatively click on the drop down arrow by the “Edit Course” button on the right hand side of the course name and select “Edit Course” again. This will take you to the “Edit” page for that course, make your changes and “Save”. From the “Edit” page, you can also “Preview” the page from the public point of view by clicking the“Preview” button on the top right.
- DUPLICATE COURSE: click on “Edit Course” on the right hand side of the course name and select “Duplicate Course”.
- PRINT STUDENTS (CORE ONLY) / WITH BACKUP CHOICES: click on the drop down arrow by the “Edit Course” button on the right hand side of the course name and select “Export Students (Core Only)” tab or “Export Students (With Backup Choices), this will download a report in an excel format to your computer.
- ACTIVATE / DISABLE A COURSE: when you create your Course, it is by default set to “Active”. Should you wish to disable your Course: click on the green tick on the right hand side of the Course you would like to have disabled, this will untick the Course and display this in red. Alternatively click on the drop down arrow by the “Edit Course” button on the right hand side of the course name and select “Make this Course Inactive”. To reactivate your course simply repeat the process.
- EXPORT STUDENTS COUNT BY COURSE: select the “Export Student Count by Course” button. This will download a report in excel format to your computer.
- LIST COURSE DETAILS: manage your existing Courses, Sorted by Name. In this section you are able to view a list of your Courses, Select various Courses to download a report by selecting the “Bulk Actions” button in the main content, Preview the Course, Edit the Course, Duplicate the Course, activate/disable the print to pathway booklet and activate / disable the course.
- VIEW COURSES BY LEARNING AREA: manage your existing Courses. Sorted by Learning Area
- MANAGE COURSES: select your Course from the drop down in the sub menu.
- FAVOURITE COURSES: see which Courses Students have created as their favourite Course/s.
- COURSES LINES/TIMETABLING: view Courses Lines / Timetabling by year level or by group. To change your timetable year you would like to generate your report for: Click on the drop down button on the top right hand corner, select your required year
- REPORTS: this section contains various types of reports that you are able to download. This will download as an excel format to your computer. Please note generating these reports may take a few moments. Please only click once and wait until the file downloads.
- STUDENT DEMOGRAPHICS: view student demographics per year level, export a report per year level by clicking the “Export” button on the right to download a report into an excel format to your computer, or view “Trends” for each year level.
- KAMAR SYNC: sync Course data from SchoolPoint to KAMAR
- PATHWAYS BOOKLET: generate PDF printable Course booklets for your School. The full booklet will separate each Course on to its own page.The minimised booklet will print course by course without spacing.
- GETTING STARTED TOUR: click on the “Tour” button to have a quick tour of this page.